- June 29, 2017
- Posted by: Wordminds
- Category: Informational, LSP's news
With globalization has come the increasing requirement for translations. But, if businesses are operating on a global scale, should they not have an internal translation department? Well, they can, but with internal procedures comes the risk of over-capitalizing, and a negative effect on the business’s overall performance. That’s because translation is by no means a quick and easy task. Rather, it incorporates several smaller and complex tasks – each one needing to be taken care of to get the desired end-result and quality. It is for this reason that many companies prefer to outsource their translation needs.
Why it’s important to choose the right LSP for your company
When it comes to translators, each one needs to be carefully vetted and chosen based on their expertise in their field. What’s more, tasks need to be delegated to the appropriate and most suitable translators, and each project has to carefully managed to ensure it meets the client’s expectations. A translation company has the technical know-how and expertise to deliver a finished product on time and on budget, and clients can rest assured that their projects have been meticulously edited, proofread, and the layout has been taken care of.
Even LSPs need partners
However, even LSPs need help from reliable partners when:
It’s important to choose a reliable partner for mutual benefits. Some of the most important factors to consider when choosing a partner include:
- Are they certified and accredited? Your partner should use robust and sophisticated workflow management systems and have ISO17100 and ISO9001 certification for translation services.
- Global offices. Consider partnering with an LSP who has global offices in relevant locations. Partnering with agencies who have project manages in regions where your clients are widening their net can help ensure both the global and local teams have access to contacts during business hours. It also means you will have access to a wider network of linguists.
- Core business. If you want to build a long-term partnership with a reputable agency that will add value to your agency, select a partner whose core business is translation services.
- Industry specialization. Partner with a translation agency that has the right expertise in your business arena.
- Non-disclosure agreements. Before you can allow an agency to access your confidential documents, you may want to ensure they have their staff sign NDAs.
The benefits of partnering with Wordminds
While the above are just some tips to keep in mind when partnering with a translation agency, you should also consider the benefits of such a partnership. These include:
- Speed – quick turnaround times based on the volume of work
- Quality – unparalleled quality and professionalism. Every project goes through stringent checks and quality control before being delivered to the client
- Reduced costs – enticing discounts for volume
- A wide pool of talent – more than 2,500 linguists in more than 120 language pairs
- Security guarantee – all staff sign NDAs
The world continues to get smaller and as far as translation goes, outsourcing goes a long way to helping businesses focus on their core strengths while ensuring only the finest quality content is delivered to their customers and prospects.