Privacy Notice for Vendors
Last modified: 04.07.2018
Along your collaboration with Wordminds Translations LTD (for the purpose of this privacy notice, ‚ÄúWordminds‚ÄĚ), we process information about you (personal data). We do it in order to establish and manage our work collaboration and to perform our operations and obligations as a translation company.
We protect your personal data and privacy by taking all relevant measures in accordance with applicable legislation, including the EU Regulation 2016/679 – General Data Protection Regulation.
This privacy notice describes how Wordminds uses your personal data and the privacy rights you’re granted by law. For the purpose of this notice, ‚Äúwe‚ÄĚ will refer to Wordminds and ‚Äúyou‚ÄĚ and ‚Äúyour‚ÄĚ will refer to vendors.
I.¬† What personal information do we use and why?
Our purposes when processing your data
Wordminds receives the personal data provided by you via our registration form placed on our website www.wordminds.com¬†and/or sent by you via e-mail. We register and use these data in order to achieve the following purposes:
- ‚óŹ¬† match your skills and the languages you possess with the translation services requested by our clients;
- ‚óŹ¬† contact you in order to request your availability to take on a translation request, to forward you the request and the related material;
- ‚óŹ¬† contact you with regard to the services provided to Wordminds as a vendor;
- ‚óŹ¬† assess and rate your performance for further management of our collaboration; and
- ‚óŹ¬† execute payments for the provided services.
Legal grounds for processing your personal data
We only use your personal data when we have a legal basis to do so ‚Äď thus we do it only in the following situations:
- ‚óŹ¬† we need this data in order to fulfil an agreement between you, as a vendor, and Wordminds;
- ‚óŹ¬† we need this data in order to comply with an obligation under the laws applicable in our jurisdictions;
- ‚óŹ¬† you have granted us consent to use your personal data for a specific purpose; and
- ‚óŹ¬† we need it order to pursue our legitimate interest.
We consider our legitimate interest to be:
- ‚óŹ¬† creating a large and varied network of skilled vendors;
- ‚óŹ¬† maintaining an updated database of vendors;
- ‚óŹ¬† generating relevant statistics regarding our vendor database and client satisfaction levels; and
- ‚óŹ¬† improvement of our services.
We will only use your data for the above interests as long as they aren’t overridden by your interests and fundamental rights.
Categories of personal data we process
We process the following personal data categories:
- general information found in CVs, Proz.com and/or entered into our online registration form: name, surname, date of birth, education, e-mail, phone number, address, professional experience, references, price rates;
- financial information: Bank, PayPal account, TransferWise account, National Identification Number, VAT number;
- work performance: number of projects, words per day, ratings based on feedback from clients, other translators or from our experts.
II.¬† Storage, retention and erasure of personal data
Your data is stored on our online platform Traduno. We keep your data only for as long as it’s needed for the purpose for which your data was processed.
Thus, we will save your personal data for as long as you’re an active vendor in our database or you have an active contract with us. By active vendor, we understand vendors that are attributed an assignment at least once in two years. Otherwise, the information will be stored on Traduno in order to defend our company in pending or potential litigation.
When we no longer need to use your personal information and it needn’t be kept in order to comply with legal or regulatory obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements, we will either remove it from our systems or anonymise it so that we can’t identify you.
III.¬† Transfers of personal data
Third parties and your personal data
In the context of its operations, Wordminds may share your personal data:
- ‚óŹ¬† with clients, with your explicit consent or when fulfilling contractual or legal obligations (e.g., for the execution of a contract for a client); and
- ‚óŹ¬† with public authorities or law enforcement bodies, upon request and in order to fulfil with a legal requirement.
Wordminds does not receive data from third parties in regards to its vendors.
Trans-border transfers to third countries
Part of our operations teams, including project management and customer support, are situated outside the European Economic Area (EU member states + Iceland, Norway and Liechtenstein). Therefore, we may transfer your personal data outside the EEA to countries without adequacy decision from the European Commission. However, we ensure an EU-level of data protection by using Standard contractual clause to ensure the security of your data.
IV.¬† Your rights
Right to access your personal data
You may request, and are thus entitled, to obtain from us insight into the personal data we process, where it comes from and what we use it for. You may obtain information about how long we store your data and about who receives data about you. However, your right of access may be restricted by legislation, the protection of privacy for other persons, and considerations for our business and practices. Our know-how, business secrets as well as internal assessments and material may also as such be exempt from the right of insight.
Right to rectification and erasure of data
If you’ve discovered that the personal information we have about you is incorrect, incomplete or irrelevant, you’re entitled to have the data corrected or erased with the restrictions which follow from existing legislation and rights to process data.
Right to restriction of use
If you believe that the data we’ve processed about you is incorrect or incomplete, or if you’ve objected to the use of the data, you may demand that we restrict the use of the data to storage only. Usage will only be restricted to storage until the correctness of the data is established, or it may be checked whether our legitimate interests outweigh yours.
If you’re entitled to the erasure of the data we have registered about you, you may instead request that we restrict the use of such data to storage only. If we need to use the data we have registered about you solely to assert a legal claim, you may also demand that any other use of the data be restricted to storage.
Right to data portability
If we use data based on your consent or as the result of an agreement, and the data processing is automated, you have a right to receive the copy of the data you’ve provided in an electronic machine-readable format.
Right to object
You have the right to object against Wordminds‚Äô processing of your personal data when we invoke our legitimate interest for such an operation, when we perform a task in the public interest or for the purpose of direct marketing.
Automated individual decision-making
You also have the right of objection to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling. In these situations, Wordminds will guarantee suitable measures to safeguard your rights, mainly the right to human intervention when reviewing such cases.
Withdrawal of consent
If we process personal data based on your consent, you may at any time withdraw your consent in regards to data disclosure. In addition, please note that we will continue to use your personal data if we have to fulfil a legal or contractual obligation.
V.¬† Accuracy and updating your personal data
We will update the information regarding your personal data continuously during the period is stored in our database. This is done in order to facilitate greater adequacy between your skills and the needs of our client. In this regard, you’ll be able to update directly the information about your profile on our online platform Traduno.
VI.¬† Updates to this privacy notice
We may revise this policy from time to time by posting an updated version on our website www.wordminds.com. If substantial changes are made, that may materially reduce your rights or increase your responsibilities, we will notify you by e-mail or via the Traduno platform. We may provide notice of changes in other circumstances as well. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
VII.¬† Contact details and how to lodge a complaint
You are always welcome to contact us as a data controller if you have questions about your privacy rights and how we register and use personal data. Our office is located at 5 Indescon Square, London, E14 9DQ, United Kingdom, but you may, of course, contact the responsible person by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you’re dissatisfied with how we process your personal data and have not been satisfied with your interaction with the responsible person, you may lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), which is the United Kingdom‚Äôs data-protection authority.
Information Commissioner‚Äôs Office